The chance to create a major new retail and leisure development just outside the M25 is rare and Brookfield Riverside presents an exceptional opportunity to create a blue-chip, fashion and lifestyle-led town centre scheme in an affluent South East catchment area.
The vision and ambition for Brookfield Riverside is to create a cohesive shopping, civic and leisure centre for Broxbourne. This will provide a brand-new, high-quality retail and leisure destination in a landscaped environment.
Brookfield Riverside seeks to act as the ‘town centre’ for the local area and will form part of the wider Brookfield development. The overall development will also consist of the Brookfield Garden Village, which, with Brookfield Riverside, will deliver a comprehensive redevelopment of the wider Brookfield area. Extending into the Green Belt to the west, Brookfield Garden Village is to be a primarily residential development of at least 1,250 new homes with education and other amenities, including ancillary retail provision.
Our plans for Brookfield Riverside seek to deliver:
- Up to 30,000 square metres of net retail comparison floorspace
- Circa 3,500 square metres of retail convenience floorspace
- Approximately 10,000 square metres of leisure accommodation
- A new link road to connect Riverside to the Turnford Interchange and the Garden Village
- A landscaped environment with high-quality public realm
- Appropriate ancillary accommodation (including potential residential, as outlined in the draft Local Plan)
investment partner to:
- Create an overall masterplan for Brookfield Riverside
- Deliver a retail and leisure-led first phase of Brookfield Riverside
- Potentially deliver the whole of Brookfield Riverside (opportunity, not obligation)